The Common Room
Terms & Conditions
The online purchase of tickets for The Common Room Afternoon Tea Experience is strictly subject to the following terms and conditions ("Ticket Terms"). By purchasing a ticket, you agree to be bound by these Ticket Terms. You also agree to use your ticket in accordance with these Ticket Terms and the Guest Admission Policy (below). Please read these Ticket Terms and the Guest Admission Policy carefully before purchasing your tickets.
1. Purchasing your tickets
1.1. Tickets may be purchased through the website listed in paragraph 7.1 below ("Site") or subject to availability, at the venue for same day attendance (“Same Day Tickets”), using a credit or debit card approved by us.
1.2. By placing an order for tickets through the Site, you are making a request to book tickets for the relevant time and date subject to these Ticket Terms. Please note that this does not mean that your request has been accepted.
1.3. We will only be bound by an online booking through the Site once we have processed your payment and we have sent an email to you confirming your booking.
1.4. In the event of the booking system overbooking your requested time and date, we will contact you to arrange an alternative date or will refund your tickets.
1.5. Same Day Tickets are only sold when there is available space for you, and if applicable your party.
1.6. Same Day Tickets are non transferable and non refundable. They can only be used on the date and time stated on the order confirmation.
1.7. Ticket prices relate to the Common Room session you wish to attend, not the day or time at which you purchase your ticket. Tickets are sold at the price displayed on the Site. All prices and fees include any applicable value added tax. Please note that ticket prices vary depending on the option chosen.
1.8. It is not possible to use any promotional vouchers or codes or gift cards to book tickets through the Site other than specific Common Room Vouchers. Promotional discount codes are limited to one use per customer. Cannot be used retrospectively. Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Cannot be used on gift vouchers. Priority access codes expire on 31/07/2023 at 23:59 GMT.
1.9. Tickets are subject to availability and are non-refundable. We are under no obligation to refund you or exchange your ticket(s) in the event that you:
- - make any error when purchasing your tickets through the Site (including but not limited to selecting the wrong session or the wrong number of tickets)
- - are unable to attend through issues with transport
- - if you are excluded from the Common Room for any breach of these Ticket Terms or the Guest Admission Policy, or
- if your ticket is lost, stolen or damaged.
1.10. If you have dietary requirements or preferences you must choose at the time of booking the menu most suitable for you. If you do not do so, availability of that menu is not guaranteed and no refund will be given.
1.11. We will endeavour to serve the afternoon tea food as per any published menu/s but reserve the right at all times to substitute with a suitable alternative any item for any reason, for example supply or product issues. No refund will be given if the food or drink offered is not as per any published menu/s. We will only cater for Vegan, Vegetarian and Wheat Free dietary requirements regardless if prior notice is given of any other dietary requirements. We will not provide any refund or discount in relation to the food and drink offering.
2. Session times
2.1. At all times, we will endeavour to ensure that the Common Room is held on the time and date booked, however, we reserve the right to cancel or alter the timing of a session if necessary for any reason.
2.2. If the session is cancelled or its timing altered, we will have the discretion to do either of the following:
- - refund to you the cost of tickets already purchased; or
- to issue replacement tickets for a session at an alternative date and/or time but we shall not be liable to reimburse you for any expenses or any other losses incurred (including but not limited to travelling costs, hotel and car parking costs).
2.3. Guests are asked to arrive at their booking time. Tables will only be held for 15 minutes before being released without further notice.
Please note that session times will not be extended and tables will be only be available for 1.5 hours from original booking time.
3. Rules relating to children
3.1. Children under 5 years old will not be permitted entrance to a session as the experience is not suitable for them and no refund will be given.
3.2. No young children or infants will be permitted entrance to the Common Room so that the enjoyment of other ticket holders is not affected. Please do not bring any young children or infants as you and they will not be permitted entrance to the Common Room and no refund will be given.
3.3. Holders of a Children’s Ticket (ages 5-12 years) who look younger than 5 or older than 12 are recommended to bring photographic identification (for example passport or any other photographic identification that we deem to be acceptable) to prove they are entitled entrance under that ticket into. The duty manager will have absolute discretion as to whether to permit entry on a Children’s Ticket.
3.4. In the event that appropriate photographic identification cannot be produced upon request, you will be required to pay the difference between the Children’s ticket price and the full ticket price.
3.5. Adults shall at all times remain responsible for their child(ren).
3.6 Children and young adults between the ages of 5 - 17 cannot attend alone; they must be in attendance with an adult who is 18+. In attendance means the adult also has a valid ticket for the same session.
4. Collecting your tickets
- 4.1. Once you have booked your tickets online your ticket will be delivered to your mobile phone or computer as a PDF. Please note that the person receiving the PDF file is considered to be the rightful ticket holder and such ticket can only be used once.
5.1. Nothing in these Ticket Terms affects your rights under the law or excludes or limits our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence. In all other circumstances, our liability to you shall be limited to the price paid for your ticket.
6. Your information
- 7.1. "Site" means any of this website and/or applications which can be used to purchase our tickets, from time to time, including https://cutterandsquidge.com/pages/afternoon-tea-london (and its sub-domains) https://cutter-squidge.designmynight.com/ (and its sub-domains).
7.2. "Cutter & Squidge", “The Common Room”, "we", "us" and "our" means Cutter & Squidge Limited.
7.3. The VAT number for Us is 810 3217 83.
7.4. For the purposes of your contract to purchase any tickets, such contract will be with Us.
7.5. Our head office address is 2 Amalgamated Dr, Brentford TW8 9EZ.
7.6. We reserve the right to change these Ticket Terms at any time without notice. Such changes will be posted on https://cutterandsquidge.com/pages/afternoon-tea-london and https://cutter-squidge.designmynight.com/ or you can request a copy of the latest Ticket Terms by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.7. We may assign, transfer or deal in any other way with our rights and obligations under these Ticket Terms to any party at any time without notice to you. You may not assign such rights and obligations.
7.8. If any part of these Ticket Terms is unenforceable, invalid or illegal, the enforceability, validity or legality of any other part of the Terms will not be affected or impaired in any way.
7.9. These Ticket Terms are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
7.10. The Common Room Experience is not in any way affiliated to Harry Potter or endorsed by JK Rowling or any holder of Harry Potter rights.
Guest Admission Policy
- This policy (the "Guest Admissions Policy") is adopted by Cutter & Squidge Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08189676 and whose registered office is at 2 Amalgamated Dr, Brentford TW8 9EZ. (“C&S”).
2. The admission of guests to the Common Room is strictly subject to this Guest Admissions Policy. By purchasing a ticket to attend the Common Room, the purchaser agrees to be bound by this Guest Admissions Policy.
3. C&S reserves the right to refuse access to or order the immediate removal without any entitlement to a refund of any person who fails to act in accordance with this Guest Admissions Policy.
4. Tickets are not refundable and Guests are responsible for checking their tickets at the time of booking in the case of an e-ticket. C&S shall not be under any obligation to rectify tickets bought in error. Guests may not resell or trade any tickets.
5. Guests shall produce on request a valid ticket in order to be admitted. Each guest is only permitted access to and for: (i) the session time and ii) menu specified on the ticket.
6. Guests shall retain their tickets at all times, as these may be required for re-entry into the Common Room. Failure to do so may result in the guest being denied access into the Common Room.
7. Ticket prices may change between the date of purchase and the date of admission specified on the ticket . In the event that the price paid for the ticket is greater than the price for equivalent tickets at the same time, guests may not claim a refund for the difference.
8. If you are late for your session you will have the balance of the 1.5 hour table allocation but no additional time will be given as your table will need to be prepared ready for the next session to begin.
9. Guests may not bring or consume any food, drink or alcohol purchased outside of the premises.
10. Guests must remain within permitted guest areas or as otherwise instructed by C&S staff or agents at all times.
11. C&S accept no responsibility for the loss, theft, damage or alteration to any personal items brought onto the premises by its guests.
12. Guests shall not exhibit behaviour which is considered antisocial or disruptive by the Duty Manager acting in his or her absolute discretion. Such behaviour will result in immediate removal from the premises without any entitlement to a refund. C&S reserves the right to require the removal of a group of guests in the event that one or more of the group's number are considered to be behaving in an antisocial or disruptive manner. The removal of any guests from the premises may result in the issuance of a letter barring such guests from the premises in the future. C&S reserves the right to report any guest deemed to be exhibiting antisocial or disruptive behaviour to the police for further investigation.
13. Guests may not bring any animal on the premises, except guide, hearing and other assistance dogs.
14.Guests may not smoke (including electronic cigarettes or any other artificial cigarettes or smoking devices) within the premises. Anyone found doing so shall be removed from the premises without any entitlement to a refund.
15. Guests may not bring alcohol or illegal substances onto the premises – save that alcohol may be purchased from Us. Alcohol purchased from Us must be consumed within the licensed areas only. Licensing laws shall be strictly enforced. Anyone who is or appears to be intoxicated shall be removed from the premises immediately without any entitlement to a refund.
16. Guests shall submit to any search by C&S their persons or possessions before entry to the premises or at any time whilst on the premises. Any guest found or suspected of being in possession of a weapon, drugs or other harmful or illegal substances shall be refused entry and may be reported to the police. C&S reserves the right to confiscate items until the guests in possession of such items leave the premises.
17. Guests must not engage in any conduct towards, or speak to, any C&S staff, agents or other guests in a manner which may offend, insult, intimidate, threaten, disparage or vilify any person on any basis whatsoever. C&S shall, whenever possible, seek to prosecute guests who behave in this way on its premises.
18. C&S will refuse admission to the Common Room to any guest who, in the opinion of an authorised C&S employee, is under the age of 5 or under the age of 18 when not accompanied by an attending adult and who cannot prove that they are at least the minimum age required. A photocopy of a birth certificate (together with a form of photographic identification connecting the name on the birth certificate to the guest), passport or driving licence is an acceptable form of identification.
19. A guest shall be granted admission to the Common Room with a Children’s ticket if he or she is: (i) aged 5 to 12 years inclusive; and (ii) able to produce on request a valid and current form of photographic identification. C&S reserves the right to ask that any child be removed from the Common Room if their conduct is affecting the experience of any other guest or the C&S believe their conduct is or will affect the experience of any other guest.
20. Guests understand that CCTV monitoring takes place on C&S premises for the purposes of protecting C&S staff, guests and property and for the purposes of preventing or detecting crime.
21. Guests agree not to do anything to endanger or jeopardise the safety of another guest or C&S Employee whilst on the premises. C&S reserves the right to take any and all appropriate action to protect its staff, guests and property including but not limited to banning guests from the premises, contacting the police and taking any necessary legal action and to recoup or make a claim for any costs incurred.
22. C&S reserves the right to alter or cancel the time or date of any Common Room Session without notice.
23. C&S are licensed premises and reserve the right to refuse to supply alcohol to any guest for any reason. No refund or discount will be given in this circumstance.
24. C&S reserves the right to change this Guest Admissions Policy at any time without notice. Such changes will be posted on https://cutterandsquidge.com/pages/afternoon-tea-london https://cutter-squidge.designmynight.com/. Alternatively guests can obtain a copy of the latest Guest Admissions Policy by email at email@example.com. Nothing in this Guest Admissions Policy shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.