Let’s be creative and play with Pancake Day to be in with a chance of winning a delicious treat from us!
Here at Cutter & Squidge, we love to have fun with our food and with Shrove Tuesday just around the corner we want you to have fun and get creative with your pancakes this February!
So, whether you’re a fan of delicately rolled crepes or a sucker for thick, fluffy American pancakes, we want to see your most creative pancakes topped with your favourite treats!
Upload onto social and tag #LetsPlayWithPancakeDay to be in with a chance of WINNING one of our irresistible Postable Cakes delivered to your door in a beautiful bespoke tin. Plus, we'll be sharing our favourites at @cutterandsquidge too!
Here’s an easy-to-follow recipe for thick, fluffy pancakes, but feel free to follow your own.
200g self-raising flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp golden caster sugar
25g butter, melted
Plus toppings of your choice, for example, maple syrup, chocolate chips, berries, yoghurt, peanut butter etc.
- Mix the self-raising flour with the baking powder, golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Using the back of your spoon, create a well in the centre of the mixture and add the eggs with the melted butter and milk.
- Whisk together the ingredients until the mixture becomes smooth and then pour in a jug.
- Heat a small knob of butter and vegetable oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Carefully pour in rounds of the batter, making sure to leave enough space between each as they will spread whilst the cook.
- Cook the pancakes for a couple of minutes on each side, or until lots of tiny bubbles start to appear and pop on the surface. Flip the pancakes over and cook for a further minute or two on the other side. Repeat this process until all the batter is used up.
- Assemble your pancakes on a nice plate and top with your favourite treats.
Now you’ve got the recipe and you know what to do, what are you waiting for? Let’s get flipping, stacking and rolling the most creative pancakes! Don’t forget to tag #LetsPlayWithPancakeDay to enter!
Competitions ends 17/02/21 at 9am. The winner will be contacted via DM on Instagram by @cutterandsquidge 18/02/21. UK based only.