Following the recent outbreak of Covid-19 in the UK, our Masterclasses are currently postponed for the foreseeable future.
If you have a booking with us, please click here to read an update & a statement from us on our policies due to recent recommendations by the government to avoid all non-essential contact.
As a small family run business we appreciate all your support as this enables us to be able to support our staff during these uncertain times. We appreciate you all very much.
Hoping you all stay well and safe and look forward to seeing you when this is all over!
So you’re a dab hand at baking and can knock out a sponge or two no problem. But when it comes to decorating your cake, you’re ready for some new ideas.
If that sounds familiar, this class is for you!
At Cutter & Squidge we be believe that decorating absolutely wow-cakes is something that everyone can do. Our approach to decorating is about breaking the rules; having the confidence to have fun and experiment with the ingredients to add some real personality.
So after too many requests to count we’re doing it - we’re offering classes on decorating cakes in the distinctive Cutter & Squidge style.
HERES WHAT TO EXPECT!
- Classes last two hours and are typically held on Saturdays at 3pm at our Royal Exchange store in the heart of the City of London.
- On arrival you’ll be greeted by our friendly team who’ll kit you out with an apron and get you started with a prosecco (or a coffee or tea if you prefer).
- Classes are for up to eight people so you’ll be learning alongside other cake enthusiasts and will be able to compare results (we expect no two cakes to be the same).
- This is a hands-on class. There’ll be plenty of opportunities to get messy, eat frosting and everyone will get to work at their own station complete with all the kit needed.
- Throughout the class you’ll be able to take pictures. You can even take a picture of your finished cake on a stand in our shop window display!
- At the end we’ll box your cake up for you to take home and enjoy!
HOW TO BOOK
We offer a range of classes with each class focusing on a different cake from our Dream Cake Collection. To book a class, check out the class schedule by following the link below. We open up new spaces three months in advance.
Want to buy a class as a present? We also sell Masterclass Gift Cards!
To receive new class alerts, sign up to our Decorating Class Newsletter. It comes packed with decorating tips, recipes and you’ll get to hear about new classes first.
BAKING ALL NATURAL
At Cutter & Squidge, we focus on all-natural ingredients and not using more sugar or fat than is necessary, without compromising on taste. All of our colours are obtained from fruits and veggies. Think spirulina, beetroot extracts, blueberry, carrot - there is a whole world of ingredients to explore! In these masterclasses, we will share our knowledge of working with natural ingredients and using them in your baking.
We are always happy to cater for private cake decorating classes. These are great for hen-dos, birthdays, or just a day out with family and friends.
Private classes cost a flat fee of £560 and can accommodate up to eight people. When booking a private class, you can choose which cake the class will focus on.
You can also request a BYO (bring your own) decorations class, whereby everyone can choose their favourite sweets and treats to get creative decorating their cakes with. To find out more, get in touch with our bookings team by emailing email@example.com .
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THIS CLASS
Classes are held at our City of London branch:
Cutter & Squidge, 23 The Royal Exchange, Threadneedle St,
London EC3V 3LP
Classes are suitable for ages 10+, but under 16’s must come with an adult. For full T&Cs including cancellation policy, please click here.